Half-Marathon #5

Today, is another personal best in half-marathon #5 in state #5.  I wasn't aiming for a personal best since I'm in endurance training for 140.6 miles.  In fact, I didn't really set a goal except that I knew I wanted to finish under 2 hours.  After all, we can't reach a personal best at every race.  Each course is different from hills to flats to the way the miles are marked.  This course there was a LONG, uphill but a glorious downhill to the finish.  And the miles were definitely off (according to my Garmin).

Despite my struggle with GI complications on this trip (what's new) and the return of the annoying IT band (where the hip flexor attaches at the knee) at mile 7 (before the uphill battle at 298 feet in elevation!!), I still managed to finish 2 minutes faster than my last half-marathon on a flat course in Disney World!  Also, it was pretty amazing to get medaled by one of the soldiers at the finish line!

Needless to say, I'm super stoked and will enjoy the last 2 full days in San Diego admiring God's beauty and the perks the city has to offer with my biggest fan...my INCREDIBLE husband!


Tune in next week for a review of the weekend in San Diego and the half-marathon course!

Quote of the day:  Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.  ~ Albert Einstein

Bible verse of the day: "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork."  ~ Psalm 19:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ironman Louisville Part II: Be Strong and Courageous

From the Ears of an Active Deaf Girl

A Christmas Miracle under the microscope