The world’s best female superheroes…

are our mothers. They have mad skills in time management with juggling and wearing multiple hats. As a happily married wife, an adult with no kids, no pets, and barely keeping our plants alive, I often wish for more than just 24 hours in a day.  I could list all the things that I do and why I need more hours in the day, but seeing mommies at work, just makes me look ridiculously weak.

My daily schedule and challenges are nothing when I look at mothers and mothers-to-be.  These women are an inspiration in so many ways. Some are stay-at-home and may or may not study daily to homeschool their child(ren). Some work full or part-time or work multiple jobs because they may be a single parent. Mothers are like  taxi services transporting kids to/from activities or school before and after work. Some prep and bring food to the table. They clean laundry, the house, feed the pets, water the plants, go for a run with or without their kids and/or dogs (I’ve seen a fair share doing both!). Some have babysitters lined up so they make time for their husbands, get all dressed up to go out on dates. Some are professional athletes training ALL day EVERY day. Then, somehow, they have enough energy to play with their kids and do all the above (if they don’t have a full-time nanny). Mothers endure all levels of emotions especially when they see their child hurting or have to say, “I’ll see you in Heaven.” I’m exhausted just writing about all the endless tasks and strength of these superheroes! 

Here are some candid photos that are circulating social media depicting the reality of family life: 18 Realistic Family Photos

My husband and I both work with kids and we are exhausted after a day of work. At the same time, we see the challenges parents and teachers face and want the best for them and their child(ren). Sometimes, I see the desperation on their faces and all I want to do is remove their worries and stress and give them my best effort. I know all our interventions are a marathon, not a sprint and I struggle with this just as much as the parents and willing to take on the challenge to hopefully provide their family with strategies to improve their quality of life. My husband and I admire these parents for their tenacity, their strength, and their courage for some kids have disabilities adding more stress to family life. I only hope that if God has a child planned for us, that we are as good as the parents we admire including our own mothers.

My momma and even my grandmothers, are my superheroes. They’ve raised 4, healthy kids (1 of them raised 7 healthy boys!). God equipped my momma with the body of armor: a shield of patience, the strength of steel, the power of tenacity and perseverance, and under it all, a heart full of unconditional love. Having the four of us was not easy especially with ALL of us involved in multiple sports, extracurricular activities, church youth group, school, and handing us over to our groom or bride. She managed all our crazy, teenage behaviors and disabilities shaping us into the best people we can be. She does all this while working 2-3 jobs, volunteering, studying and teaching Sunday School, cleaning, cooking, yard work, and helping out her own parents. Let me not forget she also finds time to strategically plan pranks on her family and the community. I still think she should perform on an episode of Saturday Night Live.

Our momma may have had her hands full,
but she managed it all with grace and of course, humor. 
As I grow older and wiser, I realize being a parent is a full time job on top of our daily activities and I hear it’s worth every exhausting minute. It doesn’t matter if you have one child or ten you should consider yourself the world’s best female superhero. You are passing along your strength, your love, and your leadership. You are shaping the next generation. And to the mothers that have gone to Heaven, they have left a legacy and are now watching over their families 24/7. Happy Mother’s Day!

Quote of the day: “Our mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we've ever met.”  ~ Marguerite Duras


Bible verse of the day for our mothers: “She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watchers over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idlenss. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her. Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all. Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Giver her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.”  ~ Proverbs 31:26-31

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ironman Louisville Part II: Be Strong and Courageous

From the Ears of an Active Deaf Girl

The Man Who Inspired Me